Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Old Home Place



Here is a red crepe myrtle down at our old home place. I planted Ivy at the base of it a few years ago and now it has almost covered the whole trunk of the tree. Anyone need any Ivy?

Here is another tree, must be a couple hundred years old, it has been struck by lightening several times while we lived in the old house. I think the limbs look like they are reaching for you, kinda spooky. I miss that old tree, especially the shade it provided. I actually did the blog myself tonight, YAY! I really didn't skip two days posting, I have been working on this since Friday. If all goes well You will get another post in a few days.

6 comments:

jamie said...

I love the oak tree!!! You know I have a special place in my heart for them!! I love the light shining through both trees!!!

I would love to have some ivy, but I don't know how it would grow here!! It looks really cool growing around the trunk!!

You did good, girl!!! I am very proud of you for doing your own blog!!

Judy said...

Hey..you did great..I remember that tree being struck before.. it's a wonder it's is still w/ us.

Guess it's an example for all of us to keep on going even when we get "struck" by things.

Good job!

Shelia said...

What an amazing tree! Gorgeous! I've lived in quite a few different places and I'm here to tell you, you will NEVER find more beautiful oaks than in the lowcountry!

Anonymous said...

I love the massive old trees, and the ivy growing up is just a bonus.

Congratulations on your finishing the post all by yourself. Never too old to learn! LOL

Brewton Girl said...

Great job!! Love the oak tree. Hey, I'll take some Ivy, next time I'm in the area I'll drop and get some!!!

Judy said...

Sorry to make you cry..but thanks for sharing my load!