Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I think most everyone on this blog site knows this sweet, sweet lady. Some of you know her better than others. Like Cindy, (her daughter) and Anita, (her daughter-in-law). Well, I am here to tell you, I love her like a mother. Margie Mixson, has been my friend and customer longer than anyone. We have laughed and cried together many times. She is a true friend that has had a lot of bad stuff happen to her since she retired from the post office. I pray all the time that God would heal Margie of the dreadful disease Alzheimer's. I just wish there was something I could do to help her get well. She deserves so much better. If anyone deserves a healing, it is Ms. Margie. There is a special place in heaven for her, that is for sure.

6 comments:

Judy said...

YOu are so right, Nancy. Always such a beautiful Lady inside and out! It makes my heart break too. I know God has a very special place for Ms.Margie. Pray for Mr. BH too!

Shelia said...

She is a lovely spirit. A darling woman. So loved by her family and friends. I know she has put many jewels in her crown.

jamie said...

She still is as pretty as ever!! I used to love to hear her sing in the choir. I used to close my eyes to listen for her voice and wonder how she could sound so good!

Brewton Girl said...

That is so sweet!! You guys are making me cry. I have always considered my self blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. God knew what he was doing when he sent me Russell and his family....they made up for everything my family was lacking!! You cannot find any better poeple than the Mixson's!!!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Nancy that is the sweeetest post! Thank you for thinking so much of my Mom. It is hard watching someone
as strong & sure of everything turn more like a child everyday.
It is such a horrible disease. You lose the person but they are still here in body. It is very hard coping with all the changes. Especially for Daddy. And Jamie I'm like you about hearing my Mom sing. I remember when I was a child I loved to hear her & Nelmays priester sing specials. I would sit there in awe. She still sings some hymns. Nancy was sitting with her recently in church and heard her singing. She always goes around humming even now.

Anonymous said...

I too feel the same way. All this praise for such a lady, surely God is listening.